Follow me on Twitter for inspirational and empowering quotes for a creative life!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Poppy & Citron Blossom Ring


When in Taos, New Mexico there are a few things i always do. I get anice Porter at Eskes Brew Pub, eat breakfast at the Dragonfly Cafe, treat myself to a book at Moby Dicks and i always visit the same wonderful fabric store, Common Threads.

This time while at Common Threads, i found some wonderful raku fired buttons made by a local potter and artist, Kerrie Lynn-Cohn. She uses her own glazes, and in this case they are Poppy and Citron. I fell in love with these small pieces immediately and came up with some ideas of how to use them as jewelry right there in the fabric store!

After crafting the ring shank and the stamen cluster, I connected them through the existing button holes of the stacked buttons. I have a few more of these buttons and plan on making a slightly smaller version soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment